Legends of Castle High School
It is our goal to recognize Castle High School alumni who have distinguished themselves by their contributions in their field of work/study, to their individual communities, and to society as a whole. By providing these positive role models to our current students, they will understand the positive impact CHS has made on individuals from our community in the past. This inspiration will provide hope and relevance to our current students in their areas of studies as well as extra-curricular opportunities.
The Legends committee, which consists of uneven number of members, will induct up to five honorees each year, excluding the first year.
Nomination forms will be available in the Castle High School office or its website. Anyone may submit a nomination. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from Castle High School.
- Graduated from high school a minimum of five years before being nominated.
- Up to three recommendation letters supporting the individual's nomination.
- Application signed by the person making the nomination.
- Résumé demonstrating the work history and professional/academic successes of the nominee.
- Nominations must be received by December 1 for consideration for the next year's induction class.
The submission of a candidate for consideration will be made in one of five categories. Nominees in these categories must have demonstrated high levels of achievement, award recognition and significant contributions in their fields.
- Medicine and Science – graduates who are surgeons, specialists, and/or general practitioners of high regard or distinction; scientists whose findings have benefited humanity in an important area of existence or who have added substantially to the body of human knowledge; recipients of distinguished awards in any field of scientific endeavor; etc.
- Business and Professional – graduates who are respected economists, influential stock market analysts, CEOs of noted corporations or businesses, particularly successful business persons, legal professionals, etc.
- Arts and Entertainment – graduates who are well-known or frequently published writers, winners of prestigious literary, acting or artistic awards; influential critics; recognized musicians or composers; media celebrities; etc.
- Humanitarian and Service – graduates who have rendered consistent and significant service to the local, state, national or world communities.
- Lifetime Recognition – graduates who have attained recognition in their chosen field. They may demonstrate high moral character and dignity, or have demonstrated courage in overcoming extraordinary obstacles in life.
This will have two rounds.
Each committee member will review all nomination forms.
Once a candidate is nominated in a category, he or she will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Exemplary achievements and recognition in their chosen field.
- Outstanding citizenship.
- Exhibit qualities of leadership.
- Has made a meritorious contribution to society.
- The candidate must demonstrate the qualities listed above in a manner that will inspire the students of Castle High School in the pursuit of excellence.
The committee votes via secret ballot on who should be “considered.” At least half of the committee must agree to consider someone to get to move on to round 2
For example, if the committee has 7 people serving and 20 applications then only the people with at least 4 votes gets to round 2.
Each member of the committee then ranks each candidate. The candidates with the top 5 scores are the winners. The number 5 can be altered to allow for a larger group.
* The Legends committee has the right to waive qualification standards for nominees by unanimous vote. The Legends committee may induct individuals posthumously.
** The Legends board has the right to rescind Legend status at any time.
Legends of Castle High School committee:
The committee will have seven (7) members consisting of both current and former faculty with one permanent member being the principal. Each committee member serves for four years. The initial committee will have two members that will serve for two years, two that serve for three years, and two that serve for four years to begin the rotation. New members will be vote on by current committee.
Legends of Castle High School Display(s):
The Legends’ plaques, posters and videos will be in public displays such as hallways, websites, and etc. Inductees will be given a plaque, and/or other notable gifts.