LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
March 24, 2017
The 2016 – 2017 SCHOOL YEAR: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day- Pernicious (adj.) - Having a harmful effect, particularly in a gradual or subtle way.
· Yesterday was LANCER DAY! This month’s Lancer has many interesting stories that you won't want to miss, so be sure to pick up a copy in front of the cafeteria during lunch periods! Papers are also available in Room 102. If you complete the crossword and return it to Mrs. Korb by Tuesday, April 4, you'll be in the drawing for a free drink from Special Cup.
· CASTLE YOUTH DRAMA CAMP: Castle Drama Club will once again offer the Youth Drama Camp to students currently in grades 3-8 on May 30th-June 2nd from noon-4:00. The cost is $60 per student and t-shirts are available for an extra $10. More information and the registration form is available on castletheatre.weebly.com or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thanks.
· There will be a mandatory meeting for all booth leaders for International Day in Señora Scott’s room, room 212 Wednesday, April 5th. You may attend the morning meeting at 7:05 or the afternoon meeting at 2:50. Please be on time. Gracias, Señora Scott.
· Anyone interested in going to Ireland, Scotland and England this summer has until April 5 to enroll. Information about the trip can be found at http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1776443MY or you can e-mail email@example.com.
· Warrick County Summer Musical: This year the WPEF/WCSC will present the musical Big Fish July 20-23. There are numerous opportunities for students currently in grades 8-12 to participate in the cast, crew, and orchestra. All students interested in cast, crew, or orchestras must complete the online application and a parent must complete the Authorization Form by the April 10th deadline. Anyone planning to audition for the cast must participate in the acting, vocal and dance audition portions. All materials and application information is available at warrickmusical.org.
· MUSICIANS' COALITION:
There will be a very important meeting for all performers who are playing in this year's Coalition Concert the week after Spring Break. The concert is April 19, and the meeting will be Wednesday, April 5, right after school in Room 265. All acts need to send at least one representative who knows about what their act needs in order to perform.
· Juniors: If you have any interest in applying to one of the Service Academies, please see Mrs. Fanok in the guidance office to get more information.
Students: On our website is
information and a link to sign up for summer school. Signups are being
accepted at this time. This year Warrick County School Corporation will
offer online summer school similar to Achieve Virtual Academy that has been
very popular with CHS students in the past. For our online summer school,
you can do work from home but must report to a WCSC computer lab for
tests. Our online summer school is limited to 200 students. Please
sign up by March 24 to reserve a slot. You can sign up for a maximum of
two courses and your counselor must approve the courses.
These labs will be open at WEC and Boonville High School.
· **Anyone needing college and career help can stop by or sign up to meet with your College Connection Coach in room 181!! She can help with interest inventories, college visits, and career exploration.