LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
August 18, 2017
The 2017 – 2018 SCHOOL YEAR: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day- Clandestine (adj.) - Kept or done in secret, often in order to conceal an illicit or improper purpose.
· Senior Pictures: August 28 $10.00 Sitting Fee Required
· Glamour Gals is a club that is not in the club rotation. Members visit nursing homes to promote relationships between the elderly and the youth. There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, August 17 after school in room 234 with Mrs. Weigand. If you can not attend the meeting, stop by room 234 anytime for more information.
· DRAMA CLUB MEETING: The first meeting for Drama Club will be held on Club B Rotation on Thursday, August 31st. Drama Club is open to anyone who would like to participate in cast, crew, orchestra, or any other capacity for our productions. Each year we present a fall musical, a spring play, student-directed One Act Plays, as well as participate in theatrical competitions and workshops. Any student interested in participating in Drama Club needs to pay a one time dues of $10 that covers the the entire year. Please bring this with you to our first meeting August 31st in the auditorium. See Mr. Antey in Room 143 if you have any question and we hope to see many of you there.
· The callout meeting for the Castle High School Speech Team will be Thursday, August 24th after school in Room 121 with Mrs. Mitchell. If you would like more details about this fantastic opportunity, please see Mrs. Mitchell or your English teacher.
· Pep club sign ups will take place starting Thursday in front of the cafeteria. It is $5 to join. There will be a morning pep assembly Friday, September 1st for the Reitz game. Channel 25 will be here recording for their morning news show. This is only 2 weeks away! Pep club will hold a meeting in Mrs. Melinda Miller's room, room 205 Monday after school until 3:30.
There will be a meeting right after school next Tuesday August 22 in room 158 for all boys grades 9-12 who want to go out for wrestling and are not currently involved in a Fall Sport.
· Boys Basketball open gym starts after school next Tuesday (August 22). It will run from 3:00-4:15.
The YMCA is looking for before and after school help in their child care department. If any student is interested please contact the YMCA Downtown at 812-423-9622 firstname.lastname@example.org or Dunigan’s YMCA at 812-401-9622 email@example.com