LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
August 14, 2018
The 2018 – 2019 SCHOOL YEAR: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day - Tempestuous (adj.) - Tumultuous; stormy
· Senior Pictures are Monday, August 27. A $10.00 sitting fee is required.
· We have a brand new Bike Club at Castle this year. It is sponsored by Mr. Costeur. If you are interested come to the meeting next Tuesday after school (2:50) in room 214 for information. It is a free club.
· Looking to be more involved in our community? Come find out how you can work with the Warrick County Cares Coalition in helping our community be healthier and safer. We will be meeting in the cafeteria after school on Wednesday, August 15th. There will be snacks provided.
· Congrats to the Archery team for winning the World archery tournament during the summer break.
There will be a meeting for all girls planning to try out for softball next spring this Wednesday at 7:15am. The meeting will be in Coach Lockyear's room--223.
SAT preparation class at
the Kumon Center of Newburgh. We will be offering an SAT class this
The class is structured as a mix of lecture and practice exams. Over
the course of the class, students will take three full practice exams,
as well as smaller subsets of a full exam to apply and reinforce the
material presented in the lectures.
The SAT class starts on August 11 and consists of seven sessions, held
on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. We will not meet the Saturday of Labor
Day weekend, so the last class will be held on Saturday, September 29
- just in time for the October 6 test date. All materials are included
and the fee for the class is $529.
Attached is the syllabus for the course. Please feel free to pass it
on to any interested students. To register, please have them contact
Ms Sanju Jairath at 812-490-4625 or 812-573-9136.